San Juan man grateful for life after fire partially destroys home

admin

Despite losing part of his home to an electrical fire, Michael Hosten says he is grateful that neither he nor his family were hurt or killed during the blaze.

Newsday visited Hosten at his Plata No 2, Bagatelle Road, San Juan, home on Tuesday.

He said the fire began just after 7 pm on Monday and he suspects it may have been started because of an electrical pump that short-circuited.

“I was awake and watching the news when I smelled the smoke. Then my son told me that there was a fire downstairs.

“My daughter and her three children live downstairs where the fire started. I’m happy they weren’t at home when this whole thing happened.”

Fire officers from the San Juan station went to the house and put out the blaze within an hour.

Hosten said his daughter and her children will stay with relatives in Chaguanas while the room is being refurbished.

He also said he was grateful for the support of St Ann’s East MP Dr Nyan Gadsby-Dolly who offered to help with clothing when he visited her office.

In the meantime, Hosten said his home is still salvageable as his bedroom remained untouched and was optimistic he would be able to rebuild the room while using a generator for power.

Next Post

Six held with fake and real guns

Six people are being questioned in relation to a series of robberies in Arima after they were held with a toy gun, a real gun and a quantity of ammunition on Monday night. Police said Arima police were on patrol in Alenore Gardens, Mausica Lands, at around 7.30 pm when […]

San Juan man grateful for life after fire partially destroys home

admin

Despite losing part of his home to an electrical fire, Michael Hosten says he is grateful that neither he nor his family were hurt or killed during the blaze.

Newsday visited Hosten at his Plata No 2, Bagatelle Road, San Juan, home on Tuesday.

He said the fire began just after 7 pm on Monday and he suspects it may have been started because of an electrical pump that short-circuited.

“I was awake and watching the news when I smelled the smoke. Then my son told me that there was a fire downstairs.

“My daughter and her three children live downstairs where the fire started. I’m happy they weren’t at home when this whole thing happened.”

Fire officers from the San Juan station went to the house and put out the blaze within an hour.

Hosten said his daughter and her children will stay with relatives in Chaguanas while the room is being refurbished.

He also said he was grateful for the support of St Ann’s East MP Dr Nyan Gadsby-Dolly who offered to help with clothing when he visited her office.

In the meantime, Hosten said his home is still salvageable as his bedroom remained untouched and was optimistic he would be able to rebuild the room while using a generator for power.

Next Post

Six held with fake and real guns

Six people are being questioned in relation to a series of robberies in Arima after they were held with a toy gun, a real gun and a quantity of ammunition on Monday night. Police said Arima police were on patrol in Alenore Gardens, Mausica Lands, at around 7.30 pm when […]

San Juan man grateful for life after fire partially destroys home

admin

Despite losing part of his home to an electrical fire, Michael Hosten says he is grateful that neither he nor his family were hurt or killed during the blaze.

Newsday visited Hosten at his Plata No 2, Bagatelle Road, San Juan, home on Tuesday.

He said the fire began just after 7 pm on Monday and he suspects it may have been started because of an electrical pump that short-circuited.

“I was awake and watching the news when I smelled the smoke. Then my son told me that there was a fire downstairs.

“My daughter and her three children live downstairs where the fire started. I’m happy they weren’t at home when this whole thing happened.”

Fire officers from the San Juan station went to the house and put out the blaze within an hour.

Hosten said his daughter and her children will stay with relatives in Chaguanas while the room is being refurbished.

He also said he was grateful for the support of St Ann’s East MP Dr Nyan Gadsby-Dolly who offered to help with clothing when he visited her office.

In the meantime, Hosten said his home is still salvageable as his bedroom remained untouched and was optimistic he would be able to rebuild the room while using a generator for power.

Next Post

Six held with fake and real guns

Six people are being questioned in relation to a series of robberies in Arima after they were held with a toy gun, a real gun and a quantity of ammunition on Monday night. Police said Arima police were on patrol in Alenore Gardens, Mausica Lands, at around 7.30 pm when […]