Did Joran van der Sloot Lie Again?

admin

News Americas, LIMA, Peru, Mon. Mar. 28, 2011: A senior Peruvian police official is claiming Dutch national Joran van der Sloot is lying.

Peru’s Police Col. Oscar Gonzales told The Associated Press that he has found no evidence to substantiate van der Sloot’s claims that he killed Peru national, Stephany Flores, in a fit of rage because she discovered his connection to Natalee Holloway’s disappearance while using it.

A local Peruvian paper said last year that he admitted, “I did not want to do it. The girl intruded into my private life… she didn’t have any right. I went to her and I hit her. She was scared, we argued and she tried to escape. I grabbed her by the neck and hit her.”
B
ut Gonzales told the AP Friday: “She didn’t view anything about Holloway. It’s a lie that she tried to ask him about (the case).”
Van der Sloot’s attorney, Maximo Altez, however, said Gonzales is wrong and the defence will be presenting their own expert analysis regarding the laptop.

Van der Sloot is accused of killing Flores in Lima hotel room on May 30 last year. Van der Sloot faces a first-degree murder charge in the killing of Flores.

He also allegedly said he drank espresso and ate in his hotel room with Flores’ body there, as he decided what to do, “I was going to use one of the traveling bags to take the body out of the hotel, but I didn’t do it because I was afraid that I would be detained leaving the hotel with my baggage and not paying the bill. I didn’t because I was too afraid to be confronted.” It’s believed he considered dumping her body in the water, based on maps found in his belongings.

First-degree murder carries a 15- to 35-year sentence in Peru.

Van der Sloot, who is the key suspect in the unsolved 2005 disappearance of 18-year-old Alabama student Natalee Holloway in Aruba, has lied several times of his involvement in the case and then later recanted.

Next Post

U.S. Judge Denies Convicted Trinidadians Requests

News Americas, WASHINGTON, D.C., Mon. Mar. 28, 2011: An attempt by seven Trinidadian men to overturn their convictions in the case of the kidnapping and murder of an American veteran has been denied. U.S. District Court Judge John D. Bates rejected the motion attempt by attorneys for the men who […]